The Shadow Forest

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Film and Theology-The Prestige

This is an awesome audio clip from Mars Hill. This pastor from Mars Hill was touched by the Prestige in the same way I was. Film is subjective, but he really gets it! And if you do, there is much to think about in the Prestige.

I have this idea that everyone watches movies in this way, and yet I don't think most people do. What a fun, engaging talk.

The Prestige was never about the ending. It's about the ideas underneath. But no matter what you thought about the movie, his words on film and theology at the beginning are cool.

Sorry, as I write this, I'm listening, and I just jumped in the air, and clapped my hands in glee. I see why I love this movie so much. Even more than I initially thought. It encapsulates so much of my sin.

Wow. Oh goodness. I didn't even pick up this: "Even manipulating your own diary to fool yourself." Nice. What a great movie, and a beautiful message.

Check it out here.

No comments: