The Shadow Forest

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Jesus

When I was reading through Matthew, God showed me Jesus in clear ways I have never seen before. I've read and heard about these things countless times growing up, but never in the way He revealed them to me in my daily dates with Him.

I have never, ever read the Bible like I have these past two weeks. Never. I've been a Christian for over 11 years. He has cut open the eyes of my heart on my dates with Him. I've never met with him like this. I drive home in anticipation over our talks. I have a standing date with God...haha. Amazing. The more I get to know him, the more I shed of pretense. He is just not the person who puts up with it. The more real I am before His throne, the more Grace He shows.

Anyway, in reading Matthew I wrote down five things about Jesus.

Jesus:

1. Is firm/Confrontational when needed
2. Requires abandonement of anything but Him/Complete, consuming devotion
3. Powerful
4. Lives by the Spirit and Prayer
5. Merciful

It seems like these five things populated Matthew. In different ways, and different stories, this is the figure that emerged out of the canvas to me.

No comments: